The Arkansas Sheriffs’ Youth Ranches is looking for a dedicated, creative professional to serve on our development team. The Development Assistant will work with ASYR’s Chief Development Officer to build stronger relationships between the organization, its supporters, and the public through donor stewardship, community outreach, and marketing. The Development Assistant will maintain accurate donor records with attention to detail, help coordinate special events, recruit and develop volunteers, assist in grant writing, marketing, public relations and outreach efforts. They will coordinate Ranch tours and work with other staff to provide excellent customer service to everyone who has contact with the Ranch, making them feel welcome and appreciated.
Qualifications and Compensation:
• Job Type: Full-time
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Development, fundraising, marketing, writing experience preferred
• Raiser’s Edge experience a plus
• Must be 21 years or older
• Must pass criminal record history and child maltreatment background checks
• Must be eligible to be insured to drive ASYR vehicles
• Must successfully complete all aspects of orientation and training
• ASYR is a drug/alcohol free workplace. Must pass a drug screen
• Starting salary range: $31,000 – $35,000, depending on experience
• Benefits include: paid vacation and sick leave, 85% of health insurance premiums paid, merit-based bonus available, optional retirement plan match up to 5%, optional dental and vision insurance, optional cafeteria plan, and other optional employee withholdings
Summary of Duties:
• Data entry for all gifts received by ASYR and acknowledgment of all donations
• Entering data for all new donors in database, and maintaining donor records
• Respond to inquiries and answer questions regarding the ASYR
• Maintain archives of mailings, marketing materials, newsletters, etc.
• Maintain physical donor files and filing
• Assist with producing monthly direct mail appeals
• Reconcile gifts each month
• Assist with grant proposal research and applications
• Attend trainings/webinars on fundraising periodically
• Work with staff to coordinate on-site special events and support for off-site events
• Solicit event sponsors and non-cash donations
• Coordinate volunteers for events and activities
• Assist with all marketing and promotions prior to major events
Marketing and Outreach
• Assist with creating content for website, email, and social media
• Manage and monitor social media platforms
• Build brand awareness statewide through marketing and collaborative partnerships
• Network with groups and individuals to cultivate strategic partnerships
• Coordinate tours of the Ranch
• Create in-house marketing pieces as needed
• Other Duties as assigned
To learn more about this position, contact Matthew Cleveland at 501-940-3440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, fill out our application and send resume and three references to email@example.com.
Become a Houseparent
The Arkansas Sheriffs’ Youth Ranches is looking for loving houseparents with a heart for raising children. We are looking for both full-time and relief houseparents. Our houseparents are the primary caregivers for children who call the Ranch home. Houseparents play a vital role in our mission. They demonstrate how a healthy home functions by serving as healthy, emotionally stable parents, interacting with children, family, and friends.
Some duties include: supervising children, maintaining records, keeping an orderly and clean home, and working cooperatively with Ranch staff and the other families who reside at the Ranch. Our ideal houseparent takes an active role in raising and inspiring children. We want houseparents to involve our Ranch boys and girls in 4H and our educational farm program. We want houseparents to engage children in fun activities that promote growth.
The ASYR is a 24 hours a day, 365 days a year home for children on a nearly 600-acre working ranch. Houseparents live in four large family homes and care for up to eight children in each home. Full-time houseparents are not required to have a second residence; they reside in an apartment in the home. Part-time relief houseparents provide respite for full-time houseparents eight days each month.
One of our houseparents describes her role at the Ranch:
“For us, we don’t look at being houseparent as a job. We just say it’s life. We are all just parents doing the best job we can to raise a houseful of kids. The ASYR is a community of families who live and work together on the Ranch. Being a houseparent takes commitment, sacrifice, vulnerability and a HUGE heart for children.”
To learn more about becoming an ASYR Houseparent or other employment opportunities at the Ranch, contact Philip Ives at 870-793-6841 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, fill out our application and submit to email@example.com.