For more than 40 years, the Arkansas Sheriffs’ Youth Ranches have been home to more than 2,200 children.
Annually, the Ranch provides homes for 60-100 youth at its main campus in Independence County. Each resident is a near-perfect match, so admission requests are closely examined to ensure the Ranch will meet a child’s needs. To recommend a child for the Ranch’s residential program:
Make sure the child meets all necessary requirements.
The Ranch admits children without regard to gender, race, creed, color, religion, national origin or physical handicap. All applicants must:
- Be a resident – or relative of a resident – of Arkansas.
- Have a legal guardian (can be DHS–separate application).
- Between ages 6 and 17.
- Possess cognitive skills necessary to perform routine living tasks.
- No history of violent behavior or posing a threat to others.
- No serious criminal record.
- Ability to attend public school.
- Willingness to attend church of choice weekly.
Complete our application online. Click the appropriate link below.
Private Placement Application(Printable Application)
DHS Application(Printable Application)
Private Placement Application (Coming Soon)
DHS Application(Online Submission)
Provide as much information as possible, including requested supporting materials. Our online applications can be printed out or scanned and submitted by mail or email.
A committee reviews each request based on information provided, so a complete application is imperative to the decision-making process. If the Ranch and the applicant are compatible, both the child and his/her guardian will be interviewed by the committee. The guardian will be notified of admission status following the interview.
Help the Ranch provide for more children each year by donating today.