It’s officially springtime at the Ranch! Children are playing in the yards and fishing at the pond. Shouts of joy ring out. Green leaves, bright buttercups, and pink roses bask in the sunshine.
But while the Ranch appears beautiful, the Ranch staff remain aware of the serious health crisis we are living through. We’re keeping the Ranch running during the COVID-19 pandemic. These are challenging times for all of us.
The children who call the Ranch home have already lived through their own trauma, child abuse, abandonment, and separation from their biological parents. Now they’re experiencing more uncertainty regarding the future. Along with other children in the world, they are isolated from friends and must complete school remotely. We are very proud of our Ranchers’ resiliency.
We’re providing these boys and girls with critical emotional support, coaching them through completing school work at home on the Ranch campus, and allowing them to get their energy out through plenty of outdoor play time.
Immediate needs at the Ranch during COVID-19
We truly need your help and financial support more than ever. As an organization that relies on charitable gifts to operate, we cannot make it through this pandemic without you.
Each house is practicing social distancing. Houseparents work around the clock to keep children fed, healthy, safe, loved, and calm. With children at home more often, we have increased house budgets temporarily. This will allow us to provide additional:
- meals, snacks, and drinks
- sports and fishing equipment
- hygiene items
- cleaning supplies
- games and activities
- personal care items
Can you help meet these immediate needs by making a gift today? With your generous financial support will make it through this time of uncertainty together.
The bright side: Spring highlights at the Ranch
Even during trying times, we continue to help children find hope in daily life at the Ranch. Here are some spring highlights and wonderful moments at the Ranch.
- 8 Ranch supporters pitched in to raise $600 in 48 hours to provide Easter baskets and pizza parties.
- One of our Ranchers, living in our transitional living home, turns 21 in June. He recently bought his own vehicle and works full-time. We’re very proud of his responsible choices.
- The Ranch added 30 adorable baby calves to our cattle program this spring.
- A local photographer donated her talent to take beautiful pictures of our graduating senior.
- 6 of our Ranch boys and girls caught a fish for the very first time!
These moments of growth would not be possible without friends like you! This spring, and always, we are grateful for your help as we build better lives for the children who call the Ranch home.
When you give to the Ranch, you build hope. You change lives.