Where there’s a youth in need, there’s a campus less than 2 hours away.
The Ranch provides an annual home for 60-100 youth on three campuses in Independence, Clark and Crawford counties. Each resident and the Ranch is a near-perfect match, so all admission requests are closely examined to ensure the Ranch will meet a youth’s needs. To recommend someone for the Ranch residential program:
Make sure the child meets all necessary requirements.
The Ranch admits children without regard to gender, race, creed, color, religion, national origin or physical handicap. All applicants must:
- Be a resident – or relative of a resident – of Arkansas.
- Have a legal guardian (can be DHS).
- Be between the ages of 6 and 17.
- Have an IQ of at least 80.
- Have cognitive skills necessary to perform routine living tasks.
- Have no a history of violent behavior that might pose a serious threat others.
- Have no serious criminal record.
- Have approval from the sheriff in the county of residence.
- Be able to attend public school.
- Be willing to attend church of choice at least once a week.
Download, complete and send the Ranch Application Form (Adobe Acrobat PDF).
Provide as much information as possible, including the requested supporting materials. Applications can be submitted by mail or email.
A committee will review each request based on the information provided, so a complete application is imperative to the decision making process. If the Ranch and the applicant are a compatible, both the child and his/her guardian will be interviewed by the committee. The guardian will be notified of admission following the interview.
Help the Ranch provide for more children each year by donating Today.